Hosted Voice Goes Extreme: Atlantech Teams with Equinix Cloud Exchange
Every IT manager is familiar with the struggle of trying to get it all done. For the vast majority of us, limited time and financial resources are a reality. This fact has lead to the rising popularity of hosted voice services, which offer convenience and cost savings for businesses. In 2015, the voice-over-IP (VoIP) industry was worth a stunning $73B US dollars. The latest innovations in VoIP have the potential to revolutionize the benefits of this technology.
Atlantech Online recently announced a groundbreaking partnership with the Equinix Cloud Exchange. By joining the Equinix Marketplace, Atlantech and Equinix customers are going to enjoy an even higher level of performance and quality.
In other words, your business VoIP services can be faster, higher-quality, more secure, and more scalable than ever before.
In this blog post, you'll learn how hosted voice via Atlantech and Equinix works and whether this choice may be right for you.
How Equinix + Atlantech = Business Success
Equinix is a global provider of advanced interconnectivity services which enables their customers to establish virtual private connections to a marketplace of thousands of vendors. By establishing a dedicated port connection to Equinix, your business can choose from thousands of digital service providers, including Atlantech's best-of-class hosted voice.
Once your Equinix port connection is live, you can begin receiving services in real-time. Advanced interconnectivity through Equinix offers more than just convenience, cost-savings, and the potential to scale your business agreements.
Additional benefits of Atlantech's voice services via Equinix include:
- High-Performance Connectivity: Thanks to a dedicated connection port, customers enjoy the benefit of lower latency and much higher speeds during data transfer.
- Improved Security: An Equinix connection delivers your voice packets over a dedicated port, significantly improving security and eliminating many of the interception risks associated with hosted voice delivered over cable internet.
- Differentiated SIP: With the help of sophisticated tagging protocols, Equinix enables the prioritization of voice packets above other forms of data transmission, eliminating the possibility of lagging, sound issues, and other quality of service (QoS) concerns.
Other Benefits of Getting VoIP By Connecting to Equinix Exchange
Establishing a direct connection to Equinix offers more than just the potential to achieve hosted voice on steroids. A single connection to Equinix offers a secure path to loads of cloud resources, with unprecedented consistency and speed in data tranmissions.
Did you know? Customers of the ECX typically achieve 147% better throughput compared to traditional connections to cloud vendors.
By partnering with Equinix, your organization will achieve:
- Better performance from your cloud-based applications.
- Near real-time provisioning from thousands of cloud vendors, with the ability to completely control and scale your agreements.
- Access to flexibility in bandwidth options, which allows your business to grow and change with minimal cost output.
- Improved data security, including for sensitive and protected information and compliance needs.
- Significant cost savings on WAN and discounts on many public cloud services.
Could You Benefit from Direct Connect Hosted Voice?
Curious whether the Atlantech and Equinix partnership has the potential to benefit your organization? No two organizations are the same, which is why there's an increased need for scalable interconnectivity and on-demand cloud services. If you're considering making the leap, you may want to take the following factors into consideration while evaluating your options.
1. Are you thinking about switching to VoIP for the first time or changing hosted voice providers?
Equinix isn't the only way to obtain Atlantech's hosted voice services, but it may be the right way for your organization.
Depending on your evaluation of the other factors in this readiness list, you may decide you can benefit from the long-term potential of using Atlantech via the Equinix Cloud Exchange (or ECX).
2. Do you have an immediate—or eventual—interest in unified business communication services?
By selecting Atlantech via Equinix for your business voice partnership, you have the potential to quickly scale your cloud services simultaneously, with a single provider. Not only can you reap the cost-savings and convenience benefits of unified business comm, you could receive these services at any location in the world where you're connected to the ECX.
To learn more about how receiving multiple Atlantech services via Equinix can benefit your brand, check out How to Boost Business By Leveraging Unified Communications Tools.
3. Can you anticipate a need to quickly connect with digital service providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) in the future?
The Equinix marketplace offers direct connect opportunities with over 3,000 vendors in 40 different categories.
Once you have a dedicated port and a connection established to ECX, your ability to grow and scale your services is unlimited. The marketplace makes it easy for you to shop by type of service offering, geographic area, price, or other factors.
4. Do you have multiple business locations?
The Equinix Marketplace allows organizations to select vendors from a wide list, based on simple geographic sorting capabilities. This can allow you to establish relationships with vendors for physically-based services, such as colocation.
While most cloud services have the maturity to be fully-digital, there are times when a brick-and-mortar location is important. With the ECX, you don't lose the ability to establish relationships where it's convenient for you or your business partners.
5. Have you struggled with VoIP quality in the past?
Not all VoIP vendors are created equal. If you've ever suffered through a crackly, delayed telephone call over IP, you've seen the ugly side of VoIP. With the Atlantech-ECX partnership, SIP has been elevated to entirely new levels. By differentiating and prioritizing sound packets over all other forms of data transmission, your organization can unlock access to first-of-its-kind quality differentiated SIP services.
How to Learn More About Atlantech and Equinix
The Atlantech and Equinix partnership offers many benefits that are designed in direct response to today's IT managers' needs. You need to do more with limited resources. Atlantech and the ECX allow you to unlock high-quality VoIP and cloud services with record time, convenience, and cost-savings factors.
To have a deeper discussion about whether your business could benefit from Atlantech VoIP delivered via the ECX, we recommend initiating a conversation with one of our expert business communications consultants today. For more information or to start a conversation, click here.