Atlantech Online exercises no control whatsoever over the content of the information passing through our Customer’s site(s) and that it is the sole responsibility of our Customers to ensure that the information it and its users transmit and receive complies with all applicable laws and regulations and these Rules and Regulations.
Customer will not, and will not permit any persons ("Users") using Customer’s online facilities and/or services, including, but not limited to, Customer’s Web site(s) and transmission capabilities, to do any of the following ("Prohibited Activities"):
(1) Atlantech Online has the right to charge $500 per complaint to investigate.
(2) Atlantech Online does not deal with our Customer’s customers or their customers. We expect our Customers to deal with spam from or advertising for sections of our Customers’ network, servers, web sites, etc.
(3) If we get a first complaint, forward it on to our Customer, and don’t receive a response indicating the complete resolution of the complaint within 24 hours, Atlantech Online may blackhole the section of IP space involved in the spam complaint until we are convinced that the problem is resolved. In particular, we are concerned with spam that not only originates from our Customers’ networks, but also that advertises sites hosted on our Customers’ networks.
(4) If we get repeat complaints and it is clear that the problem has not been resolved, we may blackhole the section of IP space involved in the spam complaint until we are convinced that the problem is resolved. If so, we will contact our Customer as soon as is feasible.
(5) We reserve the right, per our contract with you, to blackhole the section of IP space involved in spam or Denial-of-Service complaints if it is clear that the offending activity is causing great harm to parties on the Internet. Specific examples include, if open relays are on a Customer network or if denial of service attacks are originating from a Customer’s network. In certain rare cases, we may have to do this before attempting to contact our Customer. If we do this, we will make contact as soon as is feasible.
(6) We reserve the right to scan email passing through Atlantech’s mail servers for viruses. If a virus is found, we will discard the email and notify the recipient of this action. Customer agrees that any discarded email is considered lost data under its contract(s) with Atlantech and that Atlantech is not liable for any such lost data.
NOTE: The MAPS RBL is used by our upstream providers to help reduce the amount of spam received by customers. Neither Atlantech Online nor our upstream providers can remove you, your customers, or remote sites from the RBL. Please contact the RBL workers at email@example.com with RBL-related questions.
(1) Customers must provide us with, and keep current, good contact information. E-mail and phones/cell phones are best, but we will attempt contact via pager as well.
(2) Customers must educate their customers about spam so that it does not become a problem for our Customer, or for us.
(3) Customers must promptly investigate and deal with any spam or other abuse complaints forwarded to Customer.